Sunday, August 13, 2006

Home Again!

by Lorna

Reed came home again yesterday after having been gone to his grandparents' house for two weeks. Earlier in the summer, he'd been away for three weeks with them while Tim was in Japan, but his sister was with him then, so he was fine with it. This time...not so much. This is the first time he has ever been away from us without anyone from his immediate family with him. He went to a half-day Sea Squirts camp at the Aquarium with his cousin for the first week. The second week, there were no major events planned and more time, I guess, to think about how he wanted to come home. The first couple of times we called him, he was whiny and I could tell he was a little tentative about the whole thing. Around the third time, he was just out-and-out crying on the phone, which of course made ME cry, too, but I couldn't let him know. I stayed upbeat and told him I'd see him soon. So he and his entourage of cousins, grandparents and an aunt brought him home yesterday and we were all happy to see him!

One of the cousins that came along for the ride was my new four-week old nephew, Marshall. He's a keeper! Here's a picture of him as he snoozed in my lap.


Tomorrow is Tim's first day back to school with students and therefore, is Reed's first day back to school, too. This year he is a Marmoset in the Pre-K classroom. He's excited about it, but I'm sure it's going to be a little difficult to get back into the firm bedtime and routine that school always brings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home