Monday, July 09, 2007

Tagged!

So, I've been tagged by The Four of Clubbs to list eight random things about myself and then tag eight (or however many I come up with!) other people. I'm a few days late on this, but I've spent the last four days leisurely tubing down a river. The absolute best tubing we've had in years!! But I digress:

1. I taught myself how to swim when I was 12 years old. My parents sent me to swim lessons when I was six, but I was a latchkey kid (at SIX years old! Can you imagine? But that was 1973.) and I was supposed to come home, change into my bathing suit and then walk down the block to the park and pool. Well, the first lesson completely freaked me out, so I spent the rest of the week coming home and wetting my suit in the tub so my parents would THINK I'd gone to the lessons. Until the day I forgot. My parents found out and my dad swore he would never pay for any more lessons. And he didn't.

2. I have almost caught our house on fire...twice. Once was last summer while Tim was in Japan and the other time was a couple of weeks ago. Both were from inadvertently starting a bonfire in our gas grill. Lesson learned: never grill anything overly fatty which will drip grease onto a gas fire, which will then lick out of the closed grill cover and singe the railing of the wooden deck that said grill sits on.

3. I hate Walmart. So-so merchandise and never less than a 20 minute wait in line to get out -- even at the self-checkout. I don't know that I'll ever be able to fully extricate myself from it's grasp, but when they open the SuperTarget two miles from my house in October, it'll be a lot easier. Love Target. Hate Walmart.

4. Tim's family goes tubing down a river about four hours from us every July 4th. Totally a family tradition. I've only missed one year since we were married and that was two years ago after I had a hysterectomy. But they've gone every year since Tim was 13 years old. This was the 29th year.

5. I can't stand the taste of beer. I guess it's an acquired taste and I've never acquired it. I can drink wine, margaritas, lots of other things, but beer? Yuck.

6. I have given birth to my three children in just about every manner possible. One completely natural, no drugs whatsoever, and with back labor due to an upside down baby. One completely natural, drugs given at the last minute, but they didn't kick in in time, baby right side up. And one born six weeks early, breech and thus, a c-section.

7. I haven't cleaned a bathroom in the 19 years I've been married. My mother was a complete and utter clean freak (especially about bathrooms) when I was growing up. She'd make me clean my bathroom over and over until it met her standards. So today? I don't do bathrooms. And, no, we don't live in filth thanks to my awesome husband who DOES do bathrooms, and without complaint. He also does dishes, vacuums, dusts and sweeps and mops floors. I love him.

8. Speaking of my husband, we will be leaving in less than two weeks on a 7 day, child-free cruise to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica to celebrate my upcoming 40th birthday. My birthday isn't until August, but that's the busiest month of all year for me at work, so it was not in my best interest to go then.

And there, my friends, are eight totally random things about me. How about you?

I tag:

Daily Musings

So that's only one. But I don't know many people personally that blog, so what's a girl to do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home