Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day!

Everybody had a great day at school! After taking the requisite first-day pictures of everyone (even Maren's best friend!), I walked Reed down the street to school. We unpacked his new Diego backpack, had a hug and a kiss and I was off. I then saw Maren off with her friend and Lane had already walked to the bus stop while I was with Reed.

This afternoon, I picked Reed up and he reported that it was a good day. He did say that "kindergarten took forever." They talked about teddy bears (the theme of the week), ate lunch, had snack, had a rest time and went to P.E. in the gym. He says he knows where his room is and can go there tomorrow all by himself. Allright, Reed!

Maren says she likes all of her teachers. She has a teacher that Lane had in 6th grade even though it's a different middle school AND a different subject. Maren's in Athletics this year and found out today that she has to be at school at 7:00 a.m. tomorrow morning for volleyball tryouts. She and her friend went to the park to work on their volleyball skills this evening. Good luck, Maren!
Lane only had four of his classes today and will have the other four tomorrow. He, too, likes all his teachers. He had study lab today, as well as English II, Ceramics and Biology.

Tim also reports that he had a good first day! No problems anywhere, so I guess he'll go back tomorrow, too.

I took the day off to ferry people to and from school and listen to all the reporting. Oh, and scale the mountain of laundry. Alas, it's back to work tomorrow.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been thinking of the kids all day. I am glad they all had a good day. I know Reed was excited. I guess everyone was excited. Don't forget Lola. How is she today.
Love to all.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger 1UP RPG said...

I'm glad everyone is off to a good start!

Eli has that same backpack. Cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home