Monday, August 06, 2007

Paella

I have wanted a paella pan for a long time, but haven't been able to find a true paella pan anywhere except on the internet and I wasn't ready to do that yet. However, on my doorstep this week, arrived this!

It was an early birthday present from my brother- and sister-in-law all the way from Maine, which was one stop on their cruise.

Well, I just had to use it, so paella was on the menu last night! For the uninitiated, this is a Spanish dish of rice, chicken, sausage and seafood that you cook and serve in the same pan. Tim wondered if the kids were going to eat it, but I was sure they would. There's something in it for everyone even if you're not a seafood lover.

Maren pronounced it "awesome," had three helpings and asked if I could make it again tonight. Uh, no.

Reed finally agreed to try a shrimp even though it wasn't like Long John Silver's (ie., fried). He said it was yummy.

Lane loves shrimp and agreed to try a clam which he also liked.


Thank you, Woodruff family!

1 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got it! So this in Portland, Maine and immediately thought of you - did your mom tell you that we called your house for your zip code? Michael said who he was and your mom said "WHO???". :)

Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home