Monday, September 03, 2007

Grocery Shopping with Reed

We were out of town for most of Saturday and Sunday so today was the day to shop for groceries and get us prepared for another week. Tim usually goes with me and we leave those silly children at home, but today, due to the lack of weekend left to run errands, he did other things and I went to the store.

Reed wanted to go with me so he could ride in one of those kiddie carts with the steering wheels that you drive. We got to the store, found a cart and were off. Reed was in a good mood and was very pleasant to shop with. He "drove" his cart for awhile and then got out so he could help me put things in it. He was very patient for a long time -- we buy LOTS of groceries and it usually takes an hour and a half (with Reed in tow, more like 2 hours)-- until I forgot some things on the list and had to backtrack down aisles we'd already visited.

Me: Reed, I forgot something. We have to go back to get it.

Reed: Okay.

We get the item and return to where we left off.

(A few minutes later...)

Me: Reed, I forgot one more thing. Let's go get it.

Reed: (as we're walking) Mom! We've already been past these rooms (aisles)-- we've already seen this stuff!

Me: I know, Reed, but I had to go back and get something.

Reed: Well, I don't 'preciate it.

Me: (cracking up) I'm sorry; I'll try not to let it happen again.

Now I know how Tim feels. I forget at least a couple of things every week and don't remember until we're on the other side of the store. Tim usually goes back to get the items, but I guess he doesn't 'preciate it either.

2 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) Eva went shopping with me on Friday night and also requested the car cart. She grew tired of it very quickly and wanted to walk by me and help me instead. We, too, had a good time. The only moment of tension occurred beacuse... as I am sure you know, the car carts are not easy to maneuver. At one point I was having trouble getting out of someone's way and sort of backed into Eva. "Mom, you really need to learn to watch where you are going." "Eva, if you'll recall, the only reason I am pushing this giant cart is because you said you wanted to ride in it. If you were riding it, you wouldn't be in my way. If we had a regular cart, it would be much easier to watch where I am going!" :)
Brooke

 
At 5:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It,s a good thing Reed doesn't have to shop with Grandad and myself. We have to circle the store many, many times to get our groceries. We are like a good old western circleing the wagons and we still forget things we need.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home