Friday, July 13, 2007

Japan Friend in Texas

Do these folks look familiar? Yes, we all know Reed, Maren, Lane and Tim, but who is the guy in the blue plaid..... Can it be? Yes, it is, Bob of The Four of Clubbs, my compadre from our trip to Japan last summer (Hence all of us displaying the peace sign - VERY Japanese). Bob is in Waco for a week attending a debate conference / camp with HEAVY emphasis on the camp! He is staying in a dorm with alot of teens who shall we say don't keep regular sleeping hours. Bob came and met us in the Central Texas metropolis of Belton for Mexican food tonight. Food was good, but the company was better. We recommend Jalisco's in Belton if you don't mind looking at your fajitas while waiting for silverware to be washed and brought to you!
It was great to see Bob and catch up with what was happening in his life (other than the stuff he blogs about). It was kinda funny to see my state through his eyes over dinner. He commented on how many Texas flags he saw driving around and may even make a game of it going home ala "I Spy." That was when he could actually talk to Lorna and I. See Reed REALLY liked Bob and they had riveting discussion about Yuckyman and Weather Woman from Backyardigans! Reed was really the motor mouth, but since Bob has young ones of his own at home, he can totally hang with discussion in the preschool set and talks Playhouse Disney, Diego, Dora (from which he gets his Spanish instruction evidently) Backyardigans and all the others! Reed did tell us when we got home that he "really liked going out to eat with Daddy's friend." Good first impression on my kid Bob, hope you felt the same way about my little jabberjaw. All three did have nice manners this evening.... no one to my knowledge tried to talk to you with their mouth full or anything.
Bob heads home tomorrow (he hopes) as there is just kids camp stuff left. We invited him to come back with Brooke and crew to see more of Central Texas that what Waco has to offer. Austin rocks! Our part of the world is really beautiful in the spring and fall --- come see us!
Sayonara Bobbysan!
Tim-

1 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok - so clearly I'm going to need to read your blog more often. More importantly, you are going to need to post more often for me to read. You've been to my house, your wife and daughter have been to my house. I've spoken to you on the phone and I didn't know the following:
1. That Lane had a ganglion removed - something that he and I have in common
2. That you are having sprinklers installed.
3. That you are painting your house.
4. That you and Lorna are going on a cruise.
5. That Maren is having her jaw broken (similar to Susan's situation might I add)
6. That Lorna doesn't like beer - now come to think of it, in the 15 or so years I've known her, I've never seen her drink one.
7. Or that Lorna taught herself to swim.

Now I did know that your dog has a glass eye (um, that would be your non-human child that I know something about) and I did know that the tubing this year was the BEST EVER - enough already - so I missed it - get over it! AND I did know about Maren's camps and trip to Minneapolis, because my family was involved in that as well. So, the bottom line is that clearly either I spend WAY too much time at work, or you tell us WAY too little about what is going on, even though you are willing to report it all on the world-wide web. My feelings aren't hurt at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home