Saturday, September 15, 2007

Boy's Breakfast

So Lorna and I decided that once a month instead of us going out to eat as a family, we would go out in two smaller groups and give some more individual time to each kid. This works out well becuase the boys LOVE breakfast and will eat a ton of food while Maren HATES breakfast and will eat nothing.
Today is our first time doing this format and both the boys and I went to breakfast. It was a total guys morning. Reed, of course woke us up at the crack of dawn (7:10 am) ---- OK, so not exactly when the sun comes up, but give me a break, its SATURDAY for crying out loud. Anyway, I sent him to get Lane out of bed and we quickly got ready and went to IHOP. All I can say is YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Pictured is a sample of the Breakfast Sampler that both Lane and I had ---- good stuff! Reed got the Rooty Jr. and ate almost the entire plate! IHOP definitely beats Denny's in Japan, IHOP doesn't serve salad and miso with with their eggs and bacon. After breakfast, we went and got haircuts. Do you know that if you go for haircuts at 9:10 on a Saturday morning, you can walk right in and sit down, no waiting? Next, we went to AutoZone and got bulbs to replace my turn signal. Now I ask you, how much more guyness can you get than a big breakfast, haircuts and an autoparts store. Did I mention that Maren and Lorna are going for a lunch of Chinese and then shopping? Hmmmm, can we say gender specific Saturday activities. Lorna will tell about girls lunch out later I guess.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Blogger 1UP RPG said...

What a neat idea! We might have to "borrow" that idea here at our house.

Will it always be boys with dad and Maren with mom or will you guys sometimes switch? That might be cool, too.

ANYTHING is better than miso for breakfast! :)

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Tim said...

Bob,

No, we will switch out so everybody has time with the parent of their choise --- in fact, the deal is that the kids choose the meal and the parent.

I agree about MISO.

Tim-

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Dto3 said...

I think what would have made it even better is that you got your haircut at Knockouts. Check out their website at www.knockouts.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home