Sunday, October 21, 2007

My Turn

My friend Bob, from my time in Japan, has started a new blog. Part of this blog is a meme which I am responding to in this entry as My Turn. So I have a lot of fall memories, but this year my favorite fall activity is that I have the opportunity to spend time with my two oldest kids as we help at our church's first fall festival. The two pictured in orange are mine with a couple of their friends from youth group. Thanks Pat for the picture! For three Sundays this month we are schleping pumpkins together, face painting, running a bounce house and generally greeting people from all over our community through this church event on the site of our future building. What's so great about this fall activity for me is the chance to see my kids at some of their best. I get to see them helping children smaller than themselves, being silly with their peers, and just being kids in a beautiful setting of our church site. It gives me a glimpse of who I have had a hand in raising ---- two strong, empathetic, smart and loving beings. Unfortunately in the busy life we lead, between jobs, school, raising three kids, keeping up with a house and being part of a new church congregation, I don't always slow down to really look at Lane and Maren in this way. As the weather cools, costumes are brought out and decorations hung, it is great to be reminded that the pace of life should slow and that we need to look around us at the falling leaves, feel the brisk air (such as it is in the South), and look close at our loved ones. Especially those that are growing way too fast and like the season, will be moving on too quickly.
Your Turn: Describe a favorite fall activity or memory.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger 1UP RPG said...

Thanks for playing, Tim. That's a great post about some great kids!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home