Thursday, October 18, 2007

An Apple for the Teacher

Yesterday morning, I woke Reed up and the very first words out of his mouth were, "I need to do a nice thing for Miss Flowers. I want to give her an apple."

I honestly don't know where that came from. Did he dream about it? Did he behave badly in class and thus feel the need to bribe the teacher? (We get a daily behavior chart, so I'm pretty sure that's not it.) Reed was determined, though, so I took a large apple out of the refrigerator, gave it to him, and off we went to school.

Later that day, I e-mailed his teacher and asked if she received her apple. She replied:

Oh my gosh, it was the cutest thing!!! He was sooo proud to give me the big apple (we even had to take time for him to introduce the apple to me?!?). Along with giving me the apple he told me I was a great teacher (how precious coming from such a young little guy)! So I can say that Reed was kind of the highlight of my day today.

2 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Blogger Dto3 said...

Now, now - this is Teacher Appreciation Week. You better be glad Reed remembered, because the teacher sure would have noticed that Reed didn't appreciate her and taken it out in demerits on the next report card!

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger 1UP RPG said...

How cute! I don't get many of these warm & fuzzy moments teaching high school...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home