Saturday, September 29, 2007

Sweet 16

OK, so Lane really at times might not be considered "sweet," but he turned 16 yesterday. Because it was our usual maddening school / work day, we celebrated last night at our local Dave and Buster's. This was Lane's choice for a party. Because he is working on the driving thing ---- and I do mean WORKING on it, we gave him a choice on two of the following things:

  • Party at someplace like Schlitterbahn, Fiesta Texas etc... that cost Mom & Dad mucho dinero.
  • A physical present (his list here was quite lengthy) or
  • a significant amount of money for a car.

He chose the presents and the car money. Soooo we took the guy and his friend Michael out to eat at D&B's and then played video games in their game room. A fun time was had by all, even Maren who did not do so well at the Dance, Dance, Revolution type game.


We came home for cake and presents. Lane got a new MP3, a cordless PS2 controller from his grandparents and a "significant amount of car money." Michael slept over and pancakes were had by all this morning. Now if you will excuse me, I have a new wealthy relative in the house....... he just LOVES me.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Blogger 1UP RPG said...

Happy Birthday, Lane!

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday again, Lane. We Love You.

Gram

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Dto3 said...

Happy Birthday, Lane - and I have I mentioned that I'm glad I drive in a different city than you? Love from your coolest Uncle and Aunt!

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Leigh said...

Already driving? Wow. Happy Birthday, Lane and could you do me a favor and stick to the east side of the highway??? Please. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home