Wednesday, November 07, 2007

My Turn: State of the Blog

So I am blogging in from Galveston as I am at my professional conference. I am here for a week with all my art friends - BIG FUN! Bob has tagged us so here you go:

1. What motivated or inspired you to start blogging and how long have you been doing it? I first started blogging when I went to Japan on my Japan Fulbright Memorial Teacher Fund trip in summer 2006. I started as a way to communicate my experience to my students, family and community. Lorna got hooked on blogging and when I got home Bob threw down that how would he keep up with us if we didn't blog. Lorna worked at it for a year and then I finally got on board and now we are more frequent. The pressure of it all.

2. What are your goals, purposes, or reasons for blogging? Basically to communicate with family and friends - to record those simple moments, thoughts and events in our lives in a more thoughtful way than just taking a picture and sticking it in an album.

3. In your opinion, is your blog “successful?” Yeah - we don't have hoards of people, but it is a fun outlet for us.

4. If you pay attention to your blog statistics, rankings, number of comments, number of visitors, etc., share some of your significant numbers. Statistics - what are those? Just kidding. No, we just like seeing comments from our readers and sharing our life with those we don't see on a daily basis. It must work to some degree, because we still have a connection with Bob after more than a year and we know what's up with him and I think he gets a flavor of what's up with us. My brother-in-law gives us a hard time that he doesn't know anything about us unless he reads it on our blog. He didn't even know what a blog was until he started reading ours and now he blogs too (even though he hasn't put anything new up in like FOREVER). So there you go!

Your Turn: State of the Blog
1. What motivated or inspired you to start blogging and how long have you been doing it?
2. What are your goals, purposes, or reasons for blogging?
3. In your opinion, is your blog “successful?”
4. If you pay attention to your blog statistics, rankings, number of comments, number of visitors, etc., share some of your significant numbers.

What is My Turn / Your Turn?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Blogger 1UP RPG said...

Well, I know that I am certainly happy that you guys blog.

Now if we could just get PAM to start one, too! :)

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Dto3 said...

OK - got your tacky comment. I'll respond accordingly, don't worry, when you least expect it. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home