Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Teacher of the Year!

So I'm a little behind in posting this, but Tim was voted his campus' Teacher of the Year back in February. This is a big deal and an honor in itself as it is his peers that vote. He has also been Teacher of the Year one other time -- at the last elementary school he taught in before leaving teaching for three years to work at the Austin Museum of Art.

Last night was the Teacher Excellence Awards ceremony where they present each teacher with their award and a check to go along with it.

They also announce the District's Elementary and Secondary Teachers of the Year. All of the campus Teachers of the Year were encouraged to apply and these were decided on by committee based on the Texas Education Agency guidelines.

Though he was definitely deserving, Tim was not selected as the district's Secondary Teacher of the Year. Bummer! However, everyone in this house still votes him our Teacher (and Dad) of the Year!

And as you can see, he's still humble. This is what he did after we got home last night.


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Blogger Dto3 said...

A check you say? After my shenanigans the past few days, I could use a friend with extra cash lying around.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger DeeDee said...

Aww, anybody that loads or unloads or even knows where the dishwasher is located deserves Husband of the Year!! Hope you add that to your list!

Love that award, it's beautiful.

By the way, I found your blog through DadGoneMad. I've posted a complete list of everyone who left their blog link on his Big Big Stars post in a post of my own called Blog Rolling With My Homies over on my blog, so if you want to see it come on over and sit a spell. I don't bite..…that hard anyway!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home