Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Birthday Buds

July is a big birthday month in my family. My brother Todd turned 39 on the 15th and my sister Susan turned 36 today. It is funny that both my siblings have spent their lives having birthdays two days apart. When we were younger, my mom would always let us choose what was for dinner on our birthdays. The photo was taken at Todd's birthday while we lived in Brownwood and I think Todd was turning 7 and Susan would have been turning 4. Todd was a big boy's boy and this particular birthday he got the BB gun pictured. Who would have guessed the BB toting 7 year old would grow up to work with my dad and the pigtailed, co-pillow carrying girl would become a mom to three and working for a large company managing money. The co-pillow thing is one of those family stories because Susan carried around a pillow instead of a blanket or stuffed animal like most kids, because the pillow was "cold" it got morphed into co-pillow. At this time in our life, VCR's were HUGE (literally), microwaves were the newest thing and kids still roamed the streets til the street lights came on "playing." How times have changed. My loving wife Lorna has also noticed that my mother's quirk for the birthday picture holding the cake continues to day - check out my Dad at his 63rd birthday this June. Happy birthday Todd and Susan! I love you!


Tim-

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger susan said...

I am SO EXCITED that I made your blog! :)

Love you too! your little sis

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger mlowke1 said...

I love your "birthday buds" post! mlowke1

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Leigh said...

Okay, back in December Lorna amazed me that she remembered my birthday. I felt bad because I remembered her birthday being in August, but not the exact date. No wonder she remembered my birthday - it's her sister-in-law's birthday, too! Not fair, Lorna. I don't think you mentioned that detail. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home