Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sunday Pond Hopping or Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous or ARRRR, I'm a Pond Pirate

Day two of pond hopping was even better than day one. We started on the south tour at a home that had transformed their sloping backyard into a series of falls, catchments and ponds. Incredible doesn't even begin to describe this beautiful space. Natural rock and tumbling water ending in ponds filled with lilies and koi. Then it was onto a home on the banks of Town Lake. The pond was formal with niches containing small Buddhas --- however, the view of Austin was stunning. They had a negative edge pool that hung over the lake and had a view for miles. In addition, there were numerous formal garden spaces. Check out Lorna and Reed with the view behind. AHHHHH, what a view to wake-up to every morning. I told Lorna it would be too hard to go to work each day if you lived there. In total we viewed 12 of the 14 ponds on the south tour. There were two we had seen last year. Mid-day Reed got cranky and hungry, soooo we went to Long John Silver's. Reed became a pond-hopping pirate! Once replenished, it was onward to more ponds. Check out the flicker badge to the right and view some of what we saw. At the last pond, the owner gave me some marginals for my pond --- score! We'll see how they do. While pond hopping was TONS of fun with a side of crankyness, we returned home where I worked on the mess.
Tim-

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger Leigh said...

Imagine my surprise to see several new blog entries on your blog! I'm glad Lorna enlisted Tim's help because I now have yet another blog to read each day.

I have to ask about this pond because I'm wondering if it's the one I saw featured on Central Texas Gardener. I think the owner is somehow involved in the Pond Society. I'm just curious as to where it's located because that rugged terrain is making me wonder where they're located. I even tried to find the info on KLRU's website, but found nothing.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Lorna said...

Yes, it was the featured pond on Central Texas Gardener's pond segment. They are members of the Austin Pond Society, but then, all the owners of ponds on the tour are. You have to be in order to be on the tour. The pond is located in Lost Creek off of 360 & Bee Cave -- it was awesome!

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Leigh said...

I wish I could have seen that one in person. I can definitely see that being in the 360 and Bee Cave area, but I was hoping that it was located out in the middle of nowhere in, say, Hutto. In other words, a place I could afford!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home