Wednesday, March 19, 2008

He didn't hear that word at home. Really.

I think I've mentioned before that Reed & I sometimes play a rhyming game on the way to school in the mornings. I'll pick a word and he'll say something that rhymes with it and vice-versa. On Monday, I took Maren to school as well, so she was in the car, too. I should probably mention that the word Reed picks to rhyme with whatever word I started with ALWAYS rhymes, but is not always a real word. Sometimes he'll just pick any old consonant sound to go in front of the ending sound. With that in mind, this was Monday's game in the car:

Reed: Let's do rhyming. Mommy, you go first and then Maren, you go next.

Me: Okay. What rhymes with stone?

Reed: Phone. Maren, you go next.

Maren: Reed, what rhymes with truck?

Reed: (instantly) F**k.

Maren & I cracked up. Reed was perfectly silent -- he was waiting for the next word. I said, "Reed, that's not a real word." (I know, I know, but geez, what was I supposed to say?)

3 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger 1UP RPG said...

That is hilarious. And I think you are okay to play dumb on it not being a real word!

Brooke

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Dto3 said...

I sense a CPS call in your near future!

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Dto3 said...

Hey - I think I figured out the time/stamp issue. Blogger stamps your blogs at the time you start them, not when you finish them. Lucky me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home