Friday, January 04, 2008

Pink Spiderman Cake + Presents

If you read the previous post on making cupcakes, you will know we have been baking fools. When Reed wanted homemade cupcakes, he asked for them to have cherry frosting. Now being the enlightened father that I am, I steered him away from taking PINK cupcakes to his kindergarten class (would he live that down by high school?) However, when asked about cake for home, he replied again that he wanted cherry icing with Batman on top. OK --- Pink cake with Batman. As the artistic father, YES, I can do that. Upon going to our local HEB Plus (my new favorite place to date my wife), there was NO Batman to be found. BUT, there was the ever present Spiderman who always serves and protects. Sooooo, drumroll please.....................................here is PINK, Spiderman cake for a sixth birthday!


Here is our after party once we had devoured luscious, healthy Long John's Silver's. Check out the pile of presents --- can we say "SCORE" for the six-year old.



Rip that paper boy! You're not a blue-hair yet!

Gram and Granddad got us a BIG box.


Let's all dance to the Shrek musical card................ we dance, put on your red shoes and dance........Lorna, you got the moves, Babe. Lane you dancing studmuffin, you! Maren is tooooo cool for dancing shoes plus she is sore from athletics after sitting on the couch for two weeks.


Reed concludes his after party with a round of learning games on his new V-Tech laptop from his Gram and Granddad. It comes with a laptop bag too. What is up with the toy industry these days? I'm sure our after party will be covered on Page Six. Reed is ready for his close-up. Thanks to all who loaded up our big boy with presents.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Leigh said...

So is cherry icing something you make or can you buy that flavor at the grocery store? Never had it.

As for Long John Silvers, that was my favorite as a little girl. Once I had my first chicken plank with all that malted vinegar on top, I was sold.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Lorna said...

Cherry icing is available in the little tub just like all the other flavors. I'd never had it before, either, so I don't know where he came up with that.

Reed's a LJS popcorn shrimp kinda guy. I tried the vinegar once and actually thought it was kind of icky. Sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home