Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My name in lights..... Well sort of

This is probably the closest that I will ever get to the Great White Way and getting my name in lights ----- a middle school marquee. You see, I found out last Friday that I finally made it over the hump and passed my National Board of Professional Teaching Standards assessment. For those not in education circles, you are probably going, so what. Well, in education circles this is a HUGE deal because it is alot of work to successfully get this certification and it validates my professional practice among my peers and colleagues. I become only one of seven art educators in the state of Texas to be certified as a National Board Certified Teacher in Art - Early Adolescence through Young Adulthood. Soooooo my school is recognizing me on the marquee this week. Do you think I need an agent? I am ready for my close-up......... Really............ Quit laughing..............

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, Blogger Leigh said...

Board Certified does indeed make you sound important. Congratulations!

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger 1UP RPG said...

Congrats! That's awesome. Hope you celebrate... you deserve it.

Bob

 
At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very proud of you Tim. You amaze me with all your talents.

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Dto3 said...

You know what I'm going to ask. . .Does this mean you get a raise? Can I borrow $50?

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Dto3 said...

I'm so over reading about your name in lights. You've milked it long enough. Time to pony up something else to the blogging gods.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home