Friday, March 28, 2008

There's another teenager in the house!

My little girl turned 13 today.

(sigh)

I got to see her for about 10 minutes this morning as I drove her to school. Then she had choir practice after school for UIL contest this coming week. After practice, the choir went to Austin Park & Pizza for food, fun and games. She called from there to ask me if she could spend the night at a friend's house. At 10:30 this evening, she arrived home under the promise of birthday presents and graced us with her presence for about another 15 minutes.



This is the remainder of her birthday "cake" after she walked in the door and ate about four strawberries in as many minutes.



Happy Birthday, Maren! It was nice to see you for awhile.

4 Comments:

At 6:02 PM, Blogger 1UP RPG said...

Happy Birthday! We had out little man's party today. We see a little more of him :)
And chocolate strawberries...YUM...that's a big favorite too!


As a sidenote...I think I may have left a snide comment on one of your friends or family member's blogs. I thought they were a random blogger, but realized they probably came to us through your blog. So, I'm really sorry. I'm a little too emotional about the Debbie Shank case and commented before thinking...and...you can't erase your comments on other people's blogs. So again...my apologies.

Brooke

 
At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Maren! I so remember when you were born and I had to ask your Dad about twenty times how to say your name - finally Michael and I just had to remember that it rhymed with "Karen". I guess that makes me a bad aunt, huh? :) Oh well, maybe the shopping trips and gift certificates to cool stores will make up for it!

We can't wait to see you next weekend!

Love, Aunt Susan

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Dto3 said...

Is this the same girl in the little crocheted sweater that we used to parade around on the deck at Mema's house? SIGH, indeed!

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Dto3 said...

Good Luck Tomorrow Tim! We're praying your recovery is speedy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home