Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Two Days After Surgery...in Haiku

9:00 am
Slept through morning noise
Not as stiff; feel like new man
Think I'll walk around.

12:00 pm
Eat lunch at table?
Instead of couch, who'da thunk?
I feel human again.

2:00 pm
Back on couch again
Oooooh, old movies are the best!
Hand me my laptop.

5:30 pm
Dinner brought by church
Time for meds, took three more pills
Think I'll check e-mail.

6:15 pm
Round and round we go
Where room stops nobody knows
Is this what drugs do?

7:00 pm
Ice pack is on neck
Eyes are closed, lips are ajar
Snoring sounds are heard

3 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger Dto3 said...

Now that's some wit! Your noon post has a six syllable ending, but who's counting?

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger 1UP RPG said...

More! More! These are fantastic. :)

Bob

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Lorna said...

dto3,

Clearly YOU'RE counting. Whatever.

Bob,

Thank you. I'll see what I can do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home