Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Fajitas, FEMA and Funny Family

Today gentle readers, we will be discussing the three "F's". Yes, I mean fajitas, FEMA and funny family. Let's begin with fajitas. I LOVE fajitas! Especially the ones that my Dad makes.... we were discussing fajitas at the river this year. What we would be like if we hadn't moved to South Texas and discovered this wonderful skirt meat. For our out-of-state readers, fajitas are a skirt steak grilled and sliced, placed in tortillas with cheese, sour cream, and tomatoes. My special love these days in regards to fajitas revolves around going to our new HEB Plus! supermarket and getting piping hot, fresh tortillas from the tortilleria. Who knew this awesome service would be such a revelation to my suburban existence?



The second "F" for today is FEMA. Yes, you read right, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has come to the hood. Right down the street as a matter of fact. They have set-up camp at the local fire training facility to help people who have lost homes and property due to recent flooding because of our CONSTANT rain this summer. We have had the wettest summer since I think Lorna and I have been in Austin. Check out the HUGE directional signs they have out.


The final "F" for today is funny family. Recently my brother-in-law commented on this blog about his lack of attention to our lives or was it simply that we didn't communicate to them , but we were willing to post to the web for the whole world to see. Today, said brother-in-law has set up a blog of his own. Now my brother-in-law is truly a quite humorous writer. For years he has has been the family invitation writer, meshing his words in double entendre form with a slicing wit. However, both Lorna and I have questioned his initial blogging endeavor. Lorna says, check out the photo he chose as his image for the blog banner --- what the heck does the Eiffel Tower have to do with football, ballet or beer? The vote is still out on this fledgling effort - time will tell if he truly has the follow-through.


Finally, if you are a lurker in our blog - comment occasionally so we know you are there.


Tim-

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Blogger 1UP RPG said...

I love a good themed post.

Hey, you know I'm a committed reader. I think I comment on everything.

It's because I know I am addicted to comments and I love to help others out with their blogging habit. :)

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Dto3 said...

Perspectives from aforementioned funny family - in HAIKU

Blogging once reserved
For artistic in-law types
Trumped by Arkansan

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Dto3 said...

Oh - and another... This time in rhyme. . .

Funny family thinks FEMA
Just might need a fajita.

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Leigh said...

I like the tortillas from the bakery, but have you tried the frozen, raw tortillas in the frozen section next to the eggs? It takes a little extra time cooking them, but so worth it to have them hot and fresh right at home the moment we want them.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Dto3 said...

Hmmph! I'm offended. There's a link to "confessions of a pioneer woman" for crying out loud on your blog and no mention of my wonderful website. All the while, you are notated as the "Blog that inspired me!" on mine. Perhaps I should reconsider.

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing like being shamed into adding another's blog to yours, huh?

Sometimes I have to act like I don't know him!

your sis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home